View Single Post
      06-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Well look...You and I have both been blessed with owning the crown jewel of BMW - the M3...Me? I've been blessed twice - owning the E46 M3 back in the earlier 2000's...So I guess I don't understand your vitriol against the X's

From my vantage point (as an "M" evangelist) I'm delighted the X's are there to at the very least grow sales - and probably doing so with incremental penetration and increased buy-rate among existing brand buyers...

That is good for future "M" development etc...
Okay fine. I disagree. I think the X cars are ugly and I'm not into them. As you can see, many other people agree.

From a revenue perspective, sales of the 3-series basically is BMW's bread and butter. Sales of the 3-Series is what funds practically everything at the company. The 3 Series accounts for over 30% of all BMW sales.

They sold more 3 series in 2007 than X3 the previous 5 years combined. Anyways, not here to argue.

Not a huge fan of X-Model BMWs. No big deal.

I'd rather have a Porsche Cayenee, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, GLK or even Audi All-Road for a smaller crossover type. Or an Evoque if I had to get a tiny SUV crossover thing.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0