c0smicking94
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 540, e60 535, e65 750li, e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsup1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0smicking94 View Post
For those wondering how to get their automatic bmw into neutral with a dead battery or similar situation.. I know this applies to most if not all models.

Šimply pøp öût ãñd lift the shifter panel up, look down and you'll see a little pin lever (typically painted red) push down on that and it releases the clutch so you can shift into whatever gear necessary. I'll post a pic to show this later.

It's such a simple life saver and takes less than 30 seconds. I've read and seen suggestions stating crawling under the car removing the under panel and messing around with the transmission, all while being on the side of the road or whatever situation you're in where you need to get into neutral. Hope this helps someone🥳
That does not exist on the F25.
Didn't realize he was asking in regards of the f25. I know the lasts one I've had to do it to was on an e90. It's typical of autos to have some sort of release lever under the shifter. If it doesn't exist on the new ones all I can say is Leave it to the Damn nazis to get rid of it 😂