View Single Post
      08-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Found out that the dealer screwed up and ordered me the high-performance run-flat 309s with the staggered setup. They're ContiSportContacts. The dealer is going to order a new set of all-season run flats for me free of charge (I believe they come with LS2s but now that you guys say they're bad I don't want them; could I have them mount different all-season run-flats onto the equally proportioned rims?), however I will miss the staggered setup. I best enjoy it now while I can.

I'm thinking though that I should have all seasons mounted onto the staggered setup. Would that be a bad idea in the winter? I've never owned a car with staggered tires before, so I'm curious.
I dont think its a bad idea if the tires existed. I don't believe there are any all season run flats in any brand available for the staggered 309s. The problem is the rear size. If it matters, I originally had ordered the all season 309 option
but after reading this board switched to the staggered set up. Of course, now this means winter tires and I think the only choice are the Pirelli sottozero
240s. Better performance but it's definitely more hassle.

That said, if you find an all season run flat that will fit the rears please let us all know.
Appreciate 0