11-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #40
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
Well, here the Macan starts from 80 000 € (that is $ 100 000), so not really a contest for X3 starting from 50 000 € ($ 62500.

Volvo has too very good seats. And XC60 prices match X3. I wish I could get Volvo seat for my X3.
+1

Coming from the Volvo XC60 with std. seats to the X5 with Comfort Seats, I would rate Volvo seats as #1, and the X5 seats as #2 of ALL cars I have owned in my life.
Having had an extremely bad seat experience with the BMW X1 std. seats before the Volvo - I was super happy to give my back the relaxation it needed in the Volvo.
(And also "super happy" to get rid of the X1 due to this very reason, even it was just a few months old).

That said, I also tested the Macan with 14-way seats before picking the X5, and those seats felt extremely comfortable too.
Maybe even more so than the X5 Comfort seats, but as one mentioned in this thread - who can really feel the long term situation - on a short test drive.

Seats and sitting position is so highly individual, yet so important to be able to enjoy the vehicle, so it's surely a difficult part of new car shopping.

Finally, I still feel its a bit odd that I needed to get the very top seat model in the BMW (and therefore pay the top $ for this)...to just about equal the comfort in the std. Volvo seats...

Best
Bent
Appreciate 0