View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
beerfan
Rep
Drives: X3 28i - Titanium Silver

I got my car last week and may have a couple of tips for people that are freaks about their music collections, but don't have Nav/tech package.

I have an HTC thunderbolt and before reading this thread I thought I'd be able to hook my phone up directly to the USB. Because I'm stubborn I tried it anyway...and it didn't work. I was pretty bummed because I wasn't able to see song titles through streaming bluetooth....and I still had to search for songs on my phone (not through idrive).

So I then tried to just hook up a jump drive...and taaadaaa....it worked! I went to the store immediately and bought a 32 gig drive and transferred 30 gigs of music to it and now my idrive pretty much operates exactly like an ipod.

A couple of tips......

you need to be patient when plugging in large amounts of music. It took about 5 minutes for all that music to register into idrive.

the album art only shows up if it is embedded into the id3 tag of the mp3. (I think this is the proper terminology) I know that there are apps that search and apply the artwork automatically, but I'm trying to find one that will do this via the computer. If anybody knows of one please let me know.

.....a couple of more benefits about the jump drive is that you can leave it plugged in and it doesn't take a charge. Hope this helps all the music nerds out there!
Appreciate 0