09-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ural View Post
Clivem2 : Traffic noise becomes annoying in my car especially in busy cities i.e. when crossing the Bosphorus Bridge , many cars passing at a speed from all 3 lanes of opposite direction. I too do not notice it when highway driving or on less crowded routes. Of course there fills in the wind noise .

Dukat: I agree with you . I truly believe our X3s are by far the class leader . I really love the car, but I cannot understand how BMW let the model launch with such an obvious flaw.

Coreyn: I am checking the TSBs from a website I randomly found but proved to be generally reliable by cross-checking TSBs of my Jeep Cherokee . So far nothing about doors, windows or seals or anything related to wind noise issue. I keep logging on there and also squeezing the BMW dealer's service rep by phone to carry this as a formal complaint to Germany .
There were a few of us that had problems with wind noise during the first few months of 2011 production and posted about it. I had excessive wind noise from the drivers door. The noise was minimized, but never truly eliminated, when they replaced the seals on the door.
Appreciate 0