View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #137
thehatchett
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3

Got this error for the first time ever this morning (outside temp 3F i.e. ~-15C) along with the vibration that many of you described. I kinda figured it had to be a cold weather issue. Hoping it goes away on its own (keeping my fingers crossed)...

Although, I had the car parked for nearly 3 months outside when I was in Edmonton, AB, Canada last year. Temperatures routinely went down to -20/-30C, but I never had this problem there. During the previous, I was in another town in Alberta for about 10 months with similar temperatures, but never had the problem then either (although that may be because it was parked inside a garage). Also, the car was left in the garage all through winter and when spring came, started right back up without a problem! I was really impressed, especially because everybody in town had made dire predictions that my car wouldn't start because it didn't have a block heater...

Anyway, coming back to the current drivetrain malfunction error issue, is there a permanent fix to it?
Appreciate 0