01-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #74
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by F25X3 View Post
Hello guys. new to the forum. I ordered my 2.0d X3 on the first week of December and just read here yesterday about the sport steering wheel. my dealer isnt sure i can had it now - it was a £900 option without dynamic pack - so was looking to find out if you had any probs with your dealer. thanks

btw some of you were thinking about the interior chrome pack. word of advice see it b4 buying it cause i saw it at the paris motor show and it looked really cheap as it is only glued to the existing trim, not a proper insert like on the x1 or 5 ser.
I assume you mean £90! I was given the option of adding the sports steering back in early November after I complained that you couldn't have it with the 309 alloys despite the car in the advert having this combination. Apparently a lot of people have complained about the same thing and that is why BMW changed their minds and you can now add the sports steering wheel as a standalone or add 309s to the dynamic package. I did the latter on my order because I already had sports seats.

I have made quite a few changes to my order after it was placed but as soon as it "entered production" last week no more changes were allowed. Although it wasn't "physical", it was given a chassis and production number and I was told I couldn't make any more changes. Unless your dealer has been given a VIN and production number, you should still be allowed to add the sports steering wheel. Don't believe everything they tell you as they often get it wrong.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0