View Single Post
      05-05-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Danielali
Rep
Drives: X3

Martin, thank you for the input. I've been busy with a few things couldn't respond earlier. You are right about dealer attitude and it is even more apparent in the place I live. I've currently got a 2013 Corolla and it's got a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty [Seems like a no-brainer right?]. Never mind the dealer prescribed oil changes every 5K kms and the several different levels of services ranging from secondary/intermediate/general/major! All at costs of course 3-5 times above the market. Then the dealer calls my wife one day while the car was on one of its oil n lube changes "recommending" (although my wife says he said it was absolutely required) a engine cleaner for $150. She nodded and I ended up having to swipe the bank card later on. The best part of this story is that the Corolla has a spoiler tail light which is not working since the last year or so and the very first time I complained they diagnosed it by saying the light harness is faulty because the bulb is fine. So, I asked them to replace the harness under warranty (since, I never did anything to damage it in any way). And, they refused stating it is not coverable! Then a few other times the rep said he will get back to me after consulting management - - which of course has never happened. So, sometimes in the presence of symptoms also the dealers would not perform.

Regarding the X3, I am finalizing the purchase. I will recheck everything I can. If you have any idea of what other things or red flags I can check for b4 the warranty expires on this one please do drop me a line. It will be a massive help.
Appreciate 0