View Single Post
      05-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
Bill S
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 30d N57 + E60 535d M57

This has happened a number of times with mine.
I had been blaming the wife - bad move !!

All too easy to think the button has been pressed accidentally but - I discovered that when it occurs the lid does not fully open to the top of its normal open position. If it were an inadvertent button press it would. On one occasion we were close enough to hear an alarm beep inside the car, as it raised up, immediately before stopping.

It also seemed to then go into a strange mode where it would not close with the remote but needed a press on the tailgate button. Do you have that?

The car is currently with the dealer on long term test (I'm out of country for 5 weeks so quite a good time for that). Unfortunately it has not occurred for them. Yet.

One other "feature" I noted is that it "always" seems to happen just a few minutes after switching off and closing the tailgate. I am thinking there may be an interaction between the software closedown sequence and the comfort access.

Big problem is the rare intermittent nature of the issue - all too easy to blame yourself (or the wife!) It has only happened to us 4 times in a year but is a major concern if it might happen when the car is parked up for a few weeks in a public place (like an airport carpark) Hopefully we will just have to check 10 minutes after parking to be sure - I do not hold a great deal of hope that the dealer will find it - can't afford to leave the car for a 3 month test ... but this is an ideal occasion where a large number of us can test.

You are not alone!
Appreciate 0