07-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoesq View Post
I hear you, that is why I am trying to not jump to conclusions / go overboard. I totally understand that issues arise, and of the million parts in the car, and any one can fail.
I guess the problem is that they are getting so complex, it is hard to have any independent idea of whether what they are telling you is the truth, or some b.s.
Having access to this forum is very valuable in determining if your dealer is feeding you a line of B S. Many of the more typical "problems" have been discussed on the forum so there is often a chance to interact with someone who has "been there-done that".

In my case, and in the case of several other members here, we've had dealers who have been proven to blatantly lie about what they're doing to repair the car. Unfortunately, practices like that seem to be rampant within the industry (BMW seems to be no better or worse than other brands), as does pure incompetence in diagnosing problems in the increasingly complex vehicles. One must be very cautious, learn as much as you can, and double-check everything the service reps tell you if you can.

Edit: Just re-read my last sentence. Can’t believe how paranoid it sounds! BMW is making me crazy.

Last edited by Lotus7; 07-28-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 0