View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
guitarpath
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
I'm with you on that, it continues to be confusing. The smartphone integration is included at zero cost when you added BMW Apps. It might be the smartphone integration remains to provide a bracket to clip the phone into. Perhaps some folks like that option, it does look good and nice and tidy. Personally I'd be happy to just have a cable to plug into the phone.
I have a 35i being built as I type this. I did not order the Smartphone Integration or BMW Apps because it seems to me to be unnecessary and redundant. You can get the all (or at least nearly all) of the features that Smartphone Integration offers through the Bluetooth connection via the combox controller.

I have an iPhone. However, I virtualy never listen to it as an iPod. Between my CD's, terrestrial radio, and satellite radio, I don't see the need to listen to Pandora or my iPod while I drive. Plus, do I really need to see album art while I drive? I don't see the appeal. Maybe I just haven't gotten with the program yet (kind of like how I am not on facebook).
Appreciate 0