03-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
Toetag NYC
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bike and tram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeze View Post
According to a review in a local car magazine BMW Holland expected to sell 800 per year in this market. Sales figure for January is 35. That's half of the forecast.

Good news is that I get a unique car, one of the reasons why I preferred the X3 over some other cars (cloud, silver lining...)
Hi All,
First post here after lurking for 2 months.
Thanks to all your postings, the dealer said I knew more about the car than he did.

Dropped the down payment for an X3 20d 2 days ago. Was told to expect delivery late October 2011, with this 8-month-waiting business being the norm for Holland.
The dealer also mentioned that BMW Holland was trying to "take over" the allocations set for other European countries that are currently going through hard times (e.g. Greece, Portugal) to cope with their orders.

I dunno. but this doesn't sound like sales for the X3 in NL are hurting at all.
For my sanity's sake, I do hope you are right and I'll get to see this beauty before the fall.
You're right about the car being unique though..2 months since this obsession started and I have yet to see a 2011 model on the road (living near The Hague).
If you're driving down the street and you see a man perk up like a beagle smelling bacon staring at you...that's me.
Appreciate 0