View Single Post
      08-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

It doesn't work well with auto-hold because you lose control of when it shuts off the engine but if you're not using auto-hold, you can easily control it with the brake pedal so if you expect a wait of more than a few seconds you let it shut off the engine, otherwise you don't. This works for me and I've kept it switched on and used this manual brake pedal intervention for nearly 18 months now. You get the odd occasion when it randomly doesn't switch off the engine but it's pretty rare that it switches off the engine when you're holding the brake to stop it

It's clearly a big deal for some people but if it annoyed that me that much, it would surely serve as a reminder to press the disable switch just after you push stop/start and take off the handbrake every time you started the car

Good luck getting a UK dealer to agree to upgrading your iDrive for free just to get this though

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0