View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #28
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM3W View Post
From the reps configuration tool 0223 is part of the option list, which she did confirm via email that this is included in the M-sport package. Option 0223 is Dynamic Damper Control. It's also seen on the sticker (though a bit fuzzy) but clear enough that you can see "Damper Control". I agree that DDC is confusing as there are two different meanings for it, and I even sought clarification on another thread, but I use DDC for this thread as Dynamic Damper control. As explained on another thread, it's believed that Dynamic Driving Control is the same as Performance Control, and this on a 35i is believed to not have Dynamic Damping Control even though it does include the "switch". No wonder there's so much confusion (and skepticism) about what the switch does!

Like LEDZEP said, once we get a few delivered we'll have our answers.
okay, I looked at the picture a little closer and you are right it does appear to say damper control and not just DDC, well lets hope the US and Canada have the same M Sport options in the package, if so this should be the answer to the question. I mean if this is an actual delivered 28i with M Sport and no DHP added, then it appears you do get damping control. Meaning BMW is asking $1300 for the steering option alone on the DHP package since both performance control and damping would be included on the M Sport.

A NEW question would also be, since the BMWUSA.com site no longer shows damping control with the DHP package, does that mean you can't get it unless you get the M Sport package? that would throw in an interesting twist! Maybe for the 2012 model year they will have all this figured out.
Appreciate 0