View Single Post
      11-19-2023, 06:54 PM   #71
postreader
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks, agent_orange, for the response.

I couldn't wait so started experimenting. Unfortunately, the flanged nut that I bought does not have a large enough flange to stop the nut from going into the outer opening so I was not able to compress the spring and turn the hinge. It got the point where I couldn't turn the nut any further.

Fortunately, I had also bought some washers so I used a washer along with the flanged nut at the bottom. So, it was double the challenge to get both the washer and nut onto the threaded rod. But, like you mentioned, it was not as challenging as sounds. Eventually I was able to compress the spring enough to be able to turn the hinge and have it snap into place.

Thanks again for your response. Really appreciate it. Hopefully it will help others in the future since this seems like an issue many people are having / have had / and might eventually have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_orange View Post
The nut at the bottom was also a flanged nut, but a larger and different one to above, and fed in through the same cavity where the wires run from the round connector to then go through the hollow mirror post. (with wires removed upwards out of the mirror post first)
So feed the nut in from the side until under the hole, and then pick it up and engage with the threaded rod down through the hole from above.
Easier than it sounds.
Appreciate 0