04-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #37
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtl2009 View Post
Thank you to those who answered the question and remained on-topic.

I hope that all those who felt the need to preach about wearing a seatbelt or make inferences to my intellect - I can assure you that I recognize the implications of the choices I make and am capable of deciding if a particular risk is acceptable to me.

Do you also feel the need to preach at and belittle those in other risk groups like smokers, alcoholics, the obese, the sexually promiscuous?

Regards,
Dave
A man could search far and wide, and I do dare you to take it upon yourself to prove me wrong, and he would not find another man who would so willingly, stubbornly, and above all, erroneously try to justify successfully when it is appropriate not to wear a seatbelt.

If you understand the implications and the ramifications, physically and financially, of not wearing your seatbelt; if you are so hardheaded and prideful and so very sure that you can forsee, always, the idiot that backs out of his driveway when you're aimlessly doing 40 on a sidestreet--we are BMW drivers, aren't we--then each and every single tax-paying American, whose dollars go toward legislation based on majorly proven studies that wearing a seatbelt is BY DEFINITION safer than not, should pay YOU that amount of money in addition to that which they owe the government for keeping us safe. And let us not forget the insurance bills we face because of you; by golly gee I must owe you a bankfull of cash because you are so very above the law, above the unpredictable, above and beyond the idiocy and absurdity you project when you suggest that you are omnipotent.

The chime is not to be turned off because it is designed to infuriate you to such a degree that you have no other choice but to fasten your seatbelt like anybody whose right minds afforded them the license with which they pilot their vehicles every day.

Put it in perspective. The money you're spending on this car does not come back when you're dead and not working, and the small amount of life insurance you've afforded yourself this early in your life will not cover the damages and financial setbacks which your family will suffer, nor will it ever, because no love can be ascribed to any amount of money.

And you can f*cking count on me and any other sane and generally selfless human being to dig to the very core the inner psyche of those who choose the wrong path, or at least I'll try even if unsuccessful, for it is simply enough to know that I tried to make the world a better place for even just one person. And you'd think that we all actually care about you, but no, because you are that which endangers the rest of us, and our children. So I do, so very much, wish for the problem YOUR X3 suffers is that your seatbelt buckle will fail when you need it most, if that is, you do decide to wear it.

And you expect anyone to owe you the respect of not berating you with only the most sensible of arguments? Please. You choose to feel belittled because you know you're wrong.

Last edited by xDrive35i; 04-13-2011 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0