10-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #36
Pitkis
First Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: i8 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
I still prefer x-drive. And it is because sensor technologies are now soo advanced that I believe Quattro lost is edge.
I prefer also BMW and would not go Audi. There are technical differences between these systems and their performance varies depending on driving situation. I think BMW may be the best system since it sounds the most flexible and variable 4wd system in the industry. But if Audi can prove they are better, ok, they haven't beaten a bad competitor. They are not using bad sensor either, perhaps supplied by the same subcontractor with BMW...

Buying xDrive or Quattro is getting like getting a gold medal of snow driving. Arguing all after that is just about do you get world record at the same time or not...if you don't drive on ice or snow, xDrive is not needed anyway IMO.

It's much easier to compare RS5 and M3 on track and measure laptimes than try to estimate snow-going capabilities of two different cars. You can compare them side-by-side in real life environment, but have you seen it? Sometimes, but not very often.

How many estimate laptimes based on "sensor quality" or parking area test-rig behaviour?