Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr_1304 View Post
Test drove the X1 also with the 4 cyl turbo. I couldnt understand what the Rep. what telling me in the car. Very noisy engine. When i test drove the 35i in sport mode, i was sold.
Sport mode - with the sport shift auto - is no joke. No dissrespect to the N20 but it is not the N55 no way no how...If it was there wouldn't be a need for the N55. You can't really appreciate the virtues with a short test drive... however on my first drive I put it in manual mode and worked the paddle shifters and was actually surprised... I actually started to get an X6M , but I knew the E70/E71 was being replaced soon, so went with the F25 35i for now. The shifts in the 35i are treated with off throttle burbles and the turbo makes it self known that coupled with that BMW inline 6 "free rev" flexibility I was sold. The only thing I don't really care for is the sound of "DI" (direct injection) on idle... but all the cars I have owned with "DI" technology N/A or not exhibit the same characteristics.

We all vote with our wallets...and often the practical side outweighs the emotional side. I think with me personally the emotional side outweighed the practical side as I clicked off 3rd gear in manual mode in the 35i: on my test driveD
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0