View Single Post
      11-07-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Poor service from dealership

I have a 2012 X3. 2 weeks ago while driving, a message came up saying something like, "engine getting too warm, drive conservatively". I was close to my destination, so it didn't come on again, but driving home on the highway, about 8 mi from my house, same message came on. I ignored it thinking I could make it home, but the car started losing power.

Realizing the car was shutting itself down rather than destroy the engine, I pulled over, let the car cool off, started it up 10 min later and got home.

Called the dealership , and made an appt, the best the had was last Friday. This dealership is about 35 min away in morning and evening traffic. I also needed the piece that goes in over the rear compartment between the rails in the 'trunk' area. They gave me a loaner car as well.

Brought car in on Friday at 9am, they call me at 415 to say, car won't be done. What. Replacing the water pump is a 4 to 5 hour job, and you are telling me at 415 , 45 min before you close that you haven't even't started the job?

Of course, I had made plans in the area when I picked up the car that evening. Now that isn't going to happen, need to reschedule for monday.

It is now Monday at 230. CAlled to tell me the car is done, but the part for the rear compartment that they would have, they don't have until tomorrow morning. But I can keep my loaner another day.

I didn't buy my car from this dealership because of the crappy sales service they gave, but had to bring my car here for repairs because I didn't think I could make it to the place I brought it from, which is 50 mi away.

Should have just brought my car to the local mechanic, who would have been $250 less to replace the water pump.

No idea who to even complain to. End rant.
Appreciate 0