View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #27
Steve30dMSport
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 30D M Sport

Well I finally get my X3 back tomorrow morning! It's been over 2 months since the accident and it got quite ominous 2 weeks ago when BMW said they would replace but NOT re-fit the incorrectly supplied steering rack but another phone call to BMW and a few well placed threats got the ball rolling and BMW fit the new rack and tie rod so the repairer has done the final buff and clean and I can pick it up tomorrow. I cannot wait for it. It has only done 878 km since we received it in mid October so I'm off for a few days tomorrow to get some miles on it.

A WORD OF WARNING FOR ANYONE WITH AN M SPORT X3:

I asked Graeme at Mr Gloss to have a look at the shiny black trim around the door frames (high gloss shadow line) as it had a shiny blue look which is like when you put a blow torch to stainless steel exhausts. He asked me if I had gone through a car wash and I had once. It was a non-touch car wash and apparently the soap in them is so strong it ruins the shiny black trim on the M Sports doors. he has seen it on X3's and X5's with that trim and it is very hard to fix. He has T Cut it and that has helped but I'll see tomorrow how it came out. I will do a separate post on the board to inform everyone.

Last edited by Steve30dMSport; 01-04-2012 at 05:12 AM..
Appreciate 0