View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan120 View Post
Thanks n55x3 for all that info. Very interesting. So what'll be your recommendation? Would you recommend 2012 model if I get it for a discount?

dudley07726 - any great things that you want to share about your car and not so great things as well ?
In my mind it would all come down to the final dollar amount. If you can get an amazing deal on a 2012 I wouldn't hesitate to go that route, especially if there were a couple grand $$$ diff. In theory dealers are more likely to rid themselves of the 2012 models that are on their lot. If you are finding that both models are near the same price I'd probably go with the newer technology. The one other thing i should mention is that the turbo 4 will run much much better at altitude. So if I lived in Denver for example I'd definitely go with the turbo 4.

I see the turbo 4 as being more powerful and more efficient yet the straight 6 may prove to be more reliable in the long run.

Either way they are both great engines. The straight six has won several awards over the years, was on Ward's best engine list in 2006 and 2007, while, as lbgbh mentioned, the turbo 4 was recently awarded a top ten for 2012 and will probably rack up a few more awards over the next couple years.

Moral of the story, you really can't go wrong either way in my opinion.
Appreciate 0