04-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #11
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungy89 View Post
what's the product called?
my dealer does a paint protection called dupont? it's 499. i don't know if it's worth it?
Called Paintguard by Perma-Plate

Waxing won't hurt the car with paintguard already on it but has little effect on it when you have a product like this. Remember 75% of wax comes off with the first wash, compared to this which is a chemical that sticks to the paint.

I don't know exactly how it works but I have 2 scratches that I can barely see and was told they would have been a lot worse if not for this seal (this was not a selling tactic as it was a third party body shop that told me so when I was having a few dings pounded back out). Anyway, I just washed my car this weekend, first hand wash since last fall, and I checked out the paint before washing, no swirl marks at all and I took it to the car wash all winter. If you are calling me a liar I am not sure how to respond, I have nothing to gain here...

Now I just hope I can find a place to put this on my X3 when I get it and not charge an arm and a leg, I thought Mercedes price of $299 was great, especially since that included leatherguard too, my seats are still perfect after almost 2 years, a couple sticky spots came right out with leather cleaner
Appreciate 0