Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      07-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #432
RobT
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d SE

Smile Tracking

Similarly I've been unable to track my vehicle using the dealer supplied VIN on the WW website, although I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer has given me an incorrect VIN !
Basically was (after some duplicity from the original salesman) told by the Sales Manager that my X3 would be available first week in July after ordering on 24.12.10. Here's a brief list of progress :
8.06 - Dealer said status was 5055 (see previous threads for explanation)
9.06 - Dealer said built and entered paint shop (!)
15.06 - Said departed plant 11.06
27.06 - EDD (Estimated delivery to Dealer) 22.07
I then checked the WW schedules and assumed (and yes I forget what "ass u me" means !) that either FIDELIO arriving Southampton 9.07 or FALSTAFF arriving 18.07 would be transporting my X3.
30.06 - Dealer agreed that date of "first week in July" for delivery to me would not be met and agreed to chase shipment to find which vessel it would be on.
5.07 - Dealer emailed to say that my vehicle was at the vehicle distribution centre in Thorne, Doncaster and he would be arranging for it to be transported to them today
Looking again at the WW schedules it would seem to me that in fact it was shipped on the vessel INTEGRITY which left Charleston on 14.06 and arrived in Southampton on 1.07.
Great news apart from the fact that yesterday morning before hearing from the dealer I extended my car hire for 3 weeks and will now have to cancel and take the hit.
Still there's hope yet guys, maybe some of your cars were also on INTEGRITY
Oh by the way I found this website great for tracking vessels if you can find out what ship your motor is on
http://www.digital-seas.com/
Appreciate 0