07-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #62
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
............... Try to change tyres pressure within the limits and see if there's any result.
Mine are standard 17” non runflat as I didn’t want a harsh ride (remember this is the UK and road surfaces are near third-world status ) and as you suggest, I have yet to try boosting pressure by 4-6lbs (say 0.3-0.4bar) over the recommended.

I have fixed a meeting with the workshop manager to discuss the steering/throttle problems which theoretically could be fixed by adjusting electronic settings but fully expect them to deny that its possible, and that its a ‘design feature’. In hindsight, I could have investigated the servotronic or the variable sports steering options when ordering, but all I wanted was the road feel I had in previous cars, not something special.

Presumably, as you have a pre-April car, you do not have the Drive Performance Control as it was not available on the 2.0d as a stand alone feature. If so, your drive-feel should be good, and you don’t suffer the ‘comfort’ mode syndrome?
Appreciate 0