03-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docray1 View Post
I have had a "clunking" sound from the drivers side front end over some bumps. It is particularly noticeable when the wheels are turned and you go over bumps. It seems to be in the area of the front suspension. Has anyone else had this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrob View Post
I finally had a chance to bring the x3 in. They replaced a bunch of suspension parts on the passenger side, the rattle is still there. They adjusted the rear gate and latch the clicking is still there. I have searched this site and found that a few members reported that there is a service bulletin stating there are "caps" that need to be added to the transmission I have copied thes post and will bring the to the dealer with me on my next trip. the rattle is not in the suspension the truck is tight. It's at low speeds over bumps like entering or exiting a drive way. Very frustrating.
I've had the same problem since February 2011. Nobody seems to know how to fix it. They replaced my steering rack, some bushings, some other components, and nothing has gotten better. I don't know what to do. Let me know what happens.
Appreciate 0