Thread: Car Bras
View Single Post
      09-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
h0mersimps0n
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 35i M-Sport Carbon Black

As someone who has done 25k miles a year for the past 9 years running I have a lot of experience with this topic.

My first car I was fanatical about protecting was a 2003 jetta GLI - I had little money for and not heard a lot of good about3m products in 2003 so I opted for the considerably cheaper bra. 75k miles later and 3 northeast winters I learned a lot of things. THE most damage to the front of a vehicle happens in the winter and that using a bra during the winter make it impossible to do middle of winter car washes. Summertime showers produces a ton of grit between the bra and paint so anytime the bra gets wet it needs completely washed and so does the car. Unless you put clear protection on your headlights they will be toast and expensive as he'll to replace in no time.

After that I've put clear solutions on my next three vehicles and they were absolutely amazing/no problem.

While in the beginning the clear solutions are much much more expensive- the time, effort, energy, stress of keeping that bra/paint clean underneath and always having it on at the right time that truck want to bounce a peppble attack your way in the end the bra is far more costly and offers not a fraction of the protection.

Clear protection technology is extremely for giving these days- watch a few videos, an extra set of hands and a little diligence and you can totally do it yourself...
Appreciate 0