View Single Post
      07-16-2014, 05:52 AM   #8
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Shawn, thanks to your help I updated my maps twice already and will probably update them from 2014 to 2015 because it is so easy and inexpensive to do with your help.

Do you know if there is any reference that defines what is included in the update? I searched for one and could not find it.

Interestingly Lexus does publish a multipage update document for their yearly updates. This is ironic to me that they make this document available because the Nav system in my RX350 is about worthless. It is so useless that my wife and I keep a Garmin Nuvi on the dashboard directly above that $2,400 POS. Needless to say, I have not bothered updating the maps in it the past few years.

Contrary to some others' opinions I like the nav system in my 2011 X3 and regularly use it. The controller on the console is great and is light years more convenient, better and safer to use than the Lexus touch screen (which is mostly disabled anyway when underway). The only time the BMW system ever let me down, and I regularly use it, was a couple of weeks ago when twice, on the same route, the graphic indicated staying right and the text indicated staying left (or vice versa). In both cases the text was correct and the graphic wrong.
Appreciate 0