UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozX3bimmer View Post
Dear all X3 fellow members,

I ordered a 2.0d M-sport back in March and finally got a call from the dealer telling that the car has traveled across the ocean and finally landed to Australia! The long 3 months waiting is over and now available to pickup

This is our first BWM and we would like to ask what should we expect from the dealer when picking up the vehicle, and what should we do before handing over the cheque?

1. I found from this forum many people have wind noise problem due to the poor quality of rubber seals around windows that we will pay attention to them. Are there any other things we should pay attentions and inspect?

2. Are we allowed to test drive it before we sign the delivery document and handover the cheque?

3. Are there still chances to ask for any freebies/gifts, or is this too late?

4. I read the forum here there is a "ultimate benefit card" in US. Any Aussie members here know if BMW has such thing here in Australia?

5. Is it a general thing that, even for BWM, the dealer takes your cheque, shake hands and goodbye. If anything happens later on (I read the forum here many people have problems in weeks or just a month or two), they just refer you to the service department?

6. Any other advises and thoughts?

Thanks.
Giving you a UK perspective......

I have taken delivery of quite a few new vehicles mainly BMW/Merc/Audi/Volvo.

Depending on your sales exec he/she should give you a full handover of the vehicle (if you want that) which will include a full run through of the vehicles features and controls.

My main area of attention when I take delivery is the paintwork, trim and seats for any signs of damage - which are difficult to prove at a later time that they were there at the time of delivery. I have never test driven a vehicle on handover other than my drive home.

It is a fact of life that however much you pay for a vehicle it is still mechanical and full of electronics and may go wrong, my personal experience with BMW is that I have never had any problems with getting things sorted, sometimes with a little patience but always get there in the end. In the UK each dealership has a 'Master Technician', they are highly experienced and generally very keen to get to the bottom of stubborn issues. If you have an issue its always worth discussion with them rather than just the service receptionist. Regardless of when faults happen you will always be refered to the service department although never does any harm to make your sales exec aware in the early days of ownership.

I think you may have missed the boat on any freebies and to be honest if a sales exec starts throwing in freebies I would always take this as a sign that you have paid too much for the vehicle, anything that I actually want and need is always negotiated at the time of sale.

Hope that helps !

MS