View Single Post
      05-27-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
ozX3bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2.0d

What to expect and should do when pickup a new X3?

Dear all X3 fellow members,

I ordered a 2.0d M-sport back in March and finally got a call from the dealer telling that the car has traveled across the ocean and finally landed to Australia! The long 3 months waiting is over and now available to pickup

This is our first BWM and we would like to ask what should we expect from the dealer when picking up the vehicle, and what should we do before handing over the cheque?

1. I found from this forum many people have wind noise problem due to the poor quality of rubber seals around windows that we will pay attention to them. Are there any other things we should pay attentions and inspect?

2. Are we allowed to test drive it before we sign the delivery document and handover the cheque?

3. Are there still chances to ask for any freebies/gifts, or is this too late?

4. I read the forum here there is a "ultimate benefit card" in US. Any Aussie members here know if BMW has such thing here in Australia?

5. Is it a general thing that, even for BWM, the dealer takes your cheque, shake hands and goodbye. If anything happens later on (I read the forum here many people have problems in weeks or just a month or two), they just refer you to the service department?

6. Any other advises and thoughts?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0