Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Latest BMW X4 (F26) Prototype Pics, with a Look Against X3

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Latest BMW X4 (F26) Prototype Pics, with a Look Against X3
COMMENTS

Only 4 months remain until the production BMW X4 (F26) is introduced to the world at the 2014 New York Auto Show, making it 12 months between the concept first debuted at the Shanghai auto show and the production model debut next March.

The X4 has now dropped most of its camouflage, exposing its front fascia design, as seen in the updated photos below. We have also reposted the fully revealed production X4 which was caught during a commercial shoot.

Below are pics which also show the scale of the X4 compared to the X3, with which it shares a platform. Their exteriors may be different, but they share virtually the same interior styling, while the X4 should have a less spacious rear passenger compartment.

The US will receive the X4 in 28i (240hp 2.0L N20 engine) and 35i models (300hp 3.0L N55 engine). It's possible that the X4 could be offered in sDrive and xDrive for the 28i model and xDrive for the 35i model.

A recent report suggests that even if an X4 M model does not come, an M Performance diesel model is likely (though perhaps not for the US).

BMW X4 F26

Appreciate 0