View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #21
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Just did PDC for a 2011.5 M3 competition package on the 10th. I have to say driving the snort off of some-one else's M car is the shinzle!! I loved the track event in the M3. The M5 took it to a whole other level. I did Euro-delivery of my 335 back 07, and to compare this is somewhat just as much fun, just way shorter. I drove 3 weeks 5 countries 4500 miles in Europe, and icing on that cake was driving at V-Max on the autobahn. Jealous we will never get that here, and our roads really really suck in comparison. Our drivers suck even worse. I was half hearted about going on the PDC, but my buddy convinced me its worth trying. I thought it would be cheezy at best, but I actually had a blast. Also got to do the X-cross part in addition to the M3 track. I came away impressed by those X5s even more. All the claims that they have no offroad ability are uneducated BS at best. It just depends on suspension and tires you get, in a very capable SUV that will handle anything you can throw at it, and still leave skid marks on many wannabe sports cars.

Now for the curious lack of X3s, they told us they are all spoken for 2 months out, so everything can can produce right now is already sold (to dealers or ordered by individual customers), so they have no fleet vehicles for maybe first half of the year. Next time I get an SUV, I am likely going to BMW, and if I do, PDC is a must. For the cars though, I prefer European delivery if I can swing the trip.