noka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotta2 View Post
Its a pity we could not set up a forum voting poll on this subject:

How many punctures over the past 12 months?
Was the tyre repairable?
Was the tyre a write off?
Was a replacement readily available?
How much did it cost (£ or $)?

This kind of information may help a decision whether or not insurance is a viable proposition.
Like someone said, 'law of averages'. You can flip a coin to determine if it's worth it or not, it does not matter. The key thing for me was also covering rims and also Winter tires and rims if I ever get a set. Once you pay for it, you forget about it, until something happens and then maybe you are glad you got it. Arguments can be made either way and there is no simple answer. Even the guy who made the nice Google spreadhseet (I found somewhere) that lets you plug in all kinds of parameters won't be able to give you the right answer in the end. Sure, you might take it into account but in the end it's basically a personal decision and you will never know in advance if it is really worth it or not.