03-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #10
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post

I think the dealers and insurance companies are missing a trick here though. Whilst the dealer mentioned tyre insurance when I bought the car, they didn't try to sell it to me; it was more like a box ticking exercise. Likewise, when I bought my car insurance, they were trying to sell me breakdown cover, legal expenses and all manner of stuff, but nothing like tyre insurance.
Myself and the dealer had a good chat about the tyre insurance - he said the average miles driven for each puncture is about 80,000. Seemed a bit high to me, but even if it was half that, I still thought that with my low annual mileage it was worth the risk of not getting the insurance (which we thought was about equivalent to 1.25 tyres worth). Time will tell if i was correct in not taking it of course.
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0