Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
cSurf Crashnbrn5 mge92 and I can tell you, we would NEVER own a BMW w/o Adaptive Suspension (DHP)

That should sum it up for you
Speaking of 'owning' and 'sum[s]', I wonder what the sum of the mileage would be among all of you would be.

Has anyone exceeded 70,000 miles on BMWs that they 'own' and is able to comment about replacing their DHP dampers yet?

For the F30, there is a consensus that the OEM BMW M Performance Suspension (static) is superior to the DHP option. If there is a simple static solution that outperforms a more complicated and costly solution, then DHPs are simply not convincing to me.
Enough with the references to F30 M Performance suspension. It's not a factory option on the F30 and not available or relevant for the X3. We're comparing (what I view as the volume/lease-special) shock/strut combo to DHP.

Even if an M-Performance Suspension were available for the X3, the cost of adding post-sale (based on the F30 comp) would far exceed the cost of optioning DHP (with its many benefits) plus a rainy day fund for the (highly unlikely) dampener failures you fear!i

Also- probably not an accident that DDC is standard on the X4 M40i.
Appreciate 1