Thread: M Sport & DHP
View Single Post
      01-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #9
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Cdog,

I'm a bit behind the curve, as options have changed since I bought my '11. In 2011, M-Sport was purely a cosmetic option, and the fun packages were ZAP (Sports Activity Package, which included 2TB, 2XA, 3AT, AND 3XL) and ZDH (Dynamic Handling Package, which included 2VG and 2VL). Like you, listed separately was 223 Dynamic Damper Control. Somewhere in there was also a "suspension delete" option of some sort, which was on all US-market X3s.

One suggestion that I have is to have your salesrep print out a report of the vehicle as ordered, and double check that the options are correct. The interior trim was wrong on mine, but that was easily corrected.

You have the two DHP options, 2VG (Performance Control), and 2VL (Variable Sport Steering). You also have 2TB, the Sport Automatic Transmission. You also have 223, which wasn't listed under DHP on my build either.

I don't know what is currently in the M-Sport package. Do you have 2XA, Sport Leather Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters (might be different for M-Sport)?

2VL changes the steering response based on speed.
223 is the DHP shocks, which rapidly respond to road conditions (see the website description)
2TB is the programming for the transmission, which changes shift points, throttle mapping, and gear choices (no 8th gear in Sport or Sport+ unless you manually select it.)

The above three make your X3 a different vehicle when engaged.

I can't speak to 337.
Appreciate 0