Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
Throttle movement and transmission are pretty much linked in the smooth timely movement of the vehicle. Dealer could tell me that the SIB was for a tail light, but if it fixed the lag problem, I'm good.

Mine is at the dealer as of yesterday. Funny thing happens everytime you go to the dealer for a fix. The drivers window which was really rattling a couple of days ago was almost quiet and the throttle response was good. But then on the off ramp; "the lag". I guess one out of two isn't bad!

I went to a new dealer and took a copy of the SIB. SA hadn't seen it and was going to give it to the shop foreman. I'm guessing that they're doing the update due to the length of time. Two days for just an oil change and a couple of little things would be quite long.
When I took mine in for the update, they also said they would need to replace the passanger front window regulator as it has been recalled. Are they doing this to yours as well? My drivers side window was making a "screeching" sound every time I put it up and down and they are also replacing a worn flocking on the belt. I have to take it back in next week since they had to order the parts. I'm seriously concerned about letting them take apart the doors because I hate the fact they have to mess with the vapor barrier. It seems to be a well documented issue that once they are messed with, down the road water always ends up in the footwell of the vehicle because they are not sealed right. I hate letting people mess with my car
Appreciate 0