View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #128
75bullish
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I dropped off my car for this software update and a window regulator fix on Tuesday morning. Wasn't able to get hold of the service rep all afternoon and had to finally call my sales agent to check the status for me. The agent told me to keep driving the loaner and they will call me on Wednesday.

The service rep called me on Wednesday lunch time and told me the car is ready. So I went to the dealer and pick up my car after lunch. The service rep explained that when they did the software update, it failed and they had to redo it again. That's why it took them more than a day to finish the job. Fine, as long as it works. Just when I was all set to go home and experiment the effects of the upgrade, I noticed that the language on the iDrive screen is some language I don't understand. So I took the manual out and tried to switch it back to English. When I was in the language option screen, I have German, English (UK) and Spanish as options. I was able to switch the language to Spainish but I am not able to choose English at all. In fact, after switching to Spanish, I am not able to switch it back to German. I went back to the service rep and told him I am not able to change the language. He thought I am dumb and offered to show me how to change it. Now even he's not able to make the switch and he would need to have the technicians take a look. Apparently nobody was available and they needed to keep my car for another day and I had to drive the same loaner back home.

I hope I will get a call from them and I can get my car back today. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by 75bullish; 07-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: got the days wrong
Appreciate 0