View Single Post
      07-21-2023, 05:24 PM   #1
dentprotony@gmail.com
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 f85

Upgraded driveshaft

Hey fellas, it is well know issue in the x6/x5 community that the front driveshaft would blow up and damage the transmission housing and in some cases engine oil pan. Reason for that seems to be the splined yoke that only goes into the tcase about 20mm, leaving another 20mm of the splines inside the tcase unused. Over time splines on both tcase and driveshaft would wear out and create minor binding in the yoke adding stress on the ujoint that is closer to the tcase. Eventually this will cause the ujoint to disintegrate amd driveshaft would make a hole in the tranny housing resulting in thousands in damage and weeks of downtime. Sometimes ds would make a hole in the oil pan and if not turned off immediately your vehicle would experience oil starvation and will result in engine replacement.
I was able to custom make a one of a kind driveshaft, that has replaceable ujoints (oem uj are staked), and 20mm longer yoke. This ds uses all the spline area of your tcase, allowing ujoints to work properly without binding/wobbling of the yoke. I wanted to ask this community opinion if forum members would be interested in an updated driveshaft as seen in the pictures. Rnd would take me 1-2 weeks and i could have you driveshaft available and ready to go. I will also need 2-3 people to test fit this as well, please let me know if there is a demand in this group and thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Igor_M52150.50
Wgosma810.50