06-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
scs-X3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
I had my X3 loaner in yesterday to get the Ipod function looked at. It has worked flawlessly for the last month, then it stopped working. It recognizes the IPod, but won't play anything, skip forward or pull up any artwork. Tried my sons latest gen Ipod and the same thing happens. Switched cables just in case and still the same. Dealer looked at it, couldn't get my ipod or my sons to work, but got the Sales managers and another employees to work. They asked if I had synced the Ipods recently (which I had). They blamed it on that. They think the latest version of what is on I-tunes isn't being reconized by the car. WTF? So I asked what the solution is and the service manager said give it time, Apple will fix it or BMW will come up with a solution. Are you kidding me?
Google send to car works fine for me on a PC but no luck with the iPhone or iPad, the option does not come up (definetely a google issue). BMW apps works fine (although not to exciting) and Pandora works great displaying the art work.

I find it hard to believe that iTunes would be the culprit, a iPod/iPhone iOS update ok, but I don't see a sync messing things up. What version of iTunes are you running?
Appreciate 0