View Single Post
      08-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
exon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i Jet Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAG View Post
I understand that the X3 MSport is not an off-road centric SUV, but I find it disappointing when mine goes over a speed bump at a slightly higher speed (I'd say around 10 MPH, and depending on the height of the speed bump), that it bottoms out on the suspension rebound stage. In other words it makes a loud noise as the springs extends from being compressed by the bump. I've owned and driven many cars before (20+) and I never had one that extends pass this threshold so easily. Most normally bottoms out on the compression stage when you hit a big pot hole. Does anyone else had this experience? Is it because I have the suspension setting to "Comfort?" I've yet to try going through the same bump and speed with my setting in Sport or Sport+. Even then, I still find it disappointing that it does this. Is it possible that I have a faulty shock absorbers? I have about 350 miles on it so far.
Everyday I go through couple large speed bumps that would scratch under side of sedans at 10mph, but do not feel bottom out at all on my X3, either compressing or rebounding.

But I do feel the shocks are set to have low damping though, the bumps are taken in a very supple way but the springs on X3 are not soft.
Appreciate 0