08-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
Niva
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon to be X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmoke08 View Post
Hello board,

this is my first post... great stuff I've read so far. So here we go, I have been the proud owner of a '78 320i, '01 335i, '07 X3 and '09 X3, looking to get into a new lease for a '11 X3 (want to lease for lower payments, and figure I could buy a 3 year old new body style used in 3 years for less than the cost of payments to get there...)

Here's what I'm thinking

x3 28 (would love to wait for the N20, but have to take deliv by oct 31 for $1k discount)
premium
technology
cold weather
bmw apps
premium sound

was NOT going to do the

Sport Package
Dynamic package
Convenience package

Am I messing up here? Esp with the no sport?? I love to drive and have had sport in all my bmws prior to this, but just trying to save a bit of $$.

Does the reg sport package make a difference in the steering wheel and exterior trim as well as just the wheels? Are the seats that much difference?

Does someone have pics of the exterior trim and the difference in the wheels btw the 17s and the 18s?

I guess my question is are folks happy with the non sport seats, non sport steering wheel and smaller rims? pros/cons?

Also trying to pick up in SC...

thanks so much!

If you are trying to stay in budget why don't you drop the packages and focus on the key features you need. For example if you go with heated front seats, navigation, leather, sunroof instead of the packages you should save enough to get the SA package. Do you really need heated rear seats, parking assist etc? 40/20/40 is nice but unless you ski with 4 adults not necessary.
Appreciate 0