Captain Amazing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

Reliability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringBMWOwner View Post
Hi

Wanted to get your opinion on the three vehicles. Do VW and Audi still have reliability and quality issues?
You know, I can't be sure to be honest.

I never keep them long enough.

The '09 Q5 I had and the '08 A5 I had never had a single problem - I felt very safe in them - just the seats were terribly uncomfortable.

I've had an '06 Passat which turned out to be a LEMON -- and (2) EOS hard top convertibles - '07 and '09 - both plagued with problems.

So I would say Audi over VW - especially when it comes to sales, and service experiences and a better warranty!

But, BMW over either of those two.

See if you can do an overnight test drive with the Q5 3.2 - PRESTIGE. That's what I had and I loved it...

I hear the 2.0T is great though if you're looking for mileage, and you'll probably get those Audi MPG numbers --

The 2013 28i we have averages about 24-25 mixed driving; it's a small tank so we fill up a bit, but it is cheaper than filling up my old 2007 Mercedes GL, or any of the Range Rovers I've had - all had 26 gallon tanks of premium!

Test drive thoroughly my friend. If they won't allow an overnight test---ask to take it for the day - see if they have a demo or loaner they can give you; or at the very least an extended test drive for a couple hours. They have to work with you!!