09-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #2196
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcintosh View Post
I placed an order for an X3 20d M Sport on 12th September with an expectation of a late Oct/early Nov delivery based on what the salesman had told me.

After hearing nothing since paying my deposit and getting no response to 2 emails I have called the dealer to be told I have a production date of mid Nov and an expected delivery of end Dec, so twice as long as I had expected.

Slightly annoyed at the moment because I feel I have been mis-led by the dealer although I realise that others have had to wait considerably longer. I considered using Alphabet but they had told me to expect 6 months for delivery.
Sorry to hear that but you're not alone...

Quote:
Total days from order to delivery = [No. of days given by dealer when deposit taken] + 30 days + (6 x b)

where b is bullsh!t factor and ranges from 0 to 10

For me it's 60 + 30 + (6 x b) = 127 => My dealer's bullsh!t factor is 6.2

N.B. Even if your dealer has a bullsh!t factor of 0, your original estimate will still be optimistic by 1 month
And my advice is to never rely on email with dealerships. I don't think I ever got a response to an email from a dealer without following it up with a phone call a few days later to get them to actually read it. The best way to spur the useless ^&^*s into action once they have your money is to turn up in person and stand over them whilst they check/update your order

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0