06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #106
TreeSkier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat_lu View Post
Your config seems didn't have sports activity package/DHP so the 2012 x3 35i should not have the sports toggle. How did you actually use this new sports config? I think DS mode should only affect drivetran.

Mine is 2012 x3 35i without sports/DHP. I'm wondering whether I should get the upgrade, since people reports lighter steering in normal mode. The normal setting is then different before/after the upgrade. If I couldn't activate sport mode, I'll end up with such lighter steering all the time. Anyone have experience how to activate sport mode in non sports/DHP after the upgrade?
I have a 2011 35i without sport or DHP and after the update I now have the Sports setting option under vehicle settings but I don't think it does anything. I was hoping that when selecting MS mode using the shifter that it would also tighten up the steering but it doesn't. The steering has definitely loosened up when driving at highway speeds. It's is much less sensitive when driving straight or making small corrections/turns, I now wish I had sport mode to tighten up the steering.
Appreciate 0