View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #1966
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post

As an overall driving package I think the X3 is better(engines, emmissions and vastly superior performance) but still very disappointed with interior. Does not feel as special as Evoque or as well build as Q5 and nowhere as well put together as my 335d coupe.
There is some really shocking plastic on the front door pockets that should never be seen in a £40K car- BMW take note.
Completely agree on the interior. I really believe BMW have taken many short cuts with the X3. Interior build quality leaves a lot to be desired, the front door pockets are an infamous exampe however the standard front seats (leather) are pretty poor as is the rear plastic on the interior of the tailgate. The luggage cover is filmsy and the only thing it does well is rattle.

The last generation 1 series I had from the dealership whilst waiting for the X3 felt more premium than my X3 does.

I don't mean to be negative but I feel the latest corporate direction from BMW of diversifying into more markets and creating a broader range (a BMW for everyone) has given us models like the X3 which really for a 30k + car are simply not up to scratch in certain areas.
Appreciate 0