View Single Post
      07-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Don't trust parking gates!

Today while pulling out of my work parking during rush hour, the traffic was backed up as usual when I used my card to open the gate to get out. It rotated up to let me thru and I've done this a thousand times with my old car... I pulled up ahead and had to stop short because there was a car in front of me, the gate has always stayed open until I pass through for the many years I've worked there.

Well today there was some malfunction, I used my card to open the gate and pulled thru and had to stop because the car in front of me couldn't go. As I was waiting, I saw the gate start to come down onto the hood of my car! I tried to put it into reverse to back up but the car behind me was right on my ass so I was stuck and and to watch it lower right down onto the hood! I had to get a guy from the building to reset that arm to lift it back up as my card would no longer work once I passed thru.

Luckily it had a foam type padding on the end of it and when it came down it stopped right at the hoodline. It left a slight mark but no damage I can see thankfully but I'll definately never ever pull under one of those again!!

Heads up, don't ever trust the sensors on those things, stay well behind them till the traffic passes!
Appreciate 0