Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: E90 320D, F25 X3 30D

Garage List
2011 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petex3 View Post
I thought there was another thread relating to 'creaking drivers door' or at least some form of 'door seal rubbing' related thread, but I couldn't find it, so thought I would continue on this thread.

I did say previously that I would look at adjusting the door as recommended by another person on this forum, but as the issue appeared to go away during the summer months I decided to leave it alone.
Now winter is here the creaking noise from the drivers door is back and occurs whenever I go over any bumps. Could this just be the rubber seal rubbing against the frame? In which case are there any recommendations in terms of what I can use to clean the seal / frame with to eliminate the noise?
I do recall seeing someone recommended just water with a hint of washing up liquid (to help remove any wax that may be on either part), but I tried that and it didn't appear to help in any way.
Any suggestions please?

Thanks!
What I've noticed is that putting some lubricant on the seals helps and makes the noise go away for a few weeks. Specifically something called Gummi-Pfedge, I order it from Amazon US. It needs to be applied liberally on the door seals, the rubber and the felt, on the top and sides. Also on the metal part of the body which the door seals come into contact with.

Try it out, the noise should go away.
Appreciate 0