View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
heverlee
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteowade View Post
I've had my 2013 28i for about 5 weeks and it has about 2400 miles so far.

I keep track of my MPGs every day on my commute into work (mixture of city and highway). I noticed something interesting the last few days. Yesterday was really hot early in the morning...maybe upper 80's or even 90 when I drove to work. I got 24 MPG on my drive which struck me as a bit low compared to what I had been getting. Then today the weather was much cooler...low 60s when I drove in and I got a solid 28 MPG. Sure it could be the traffic or differences in my driving, but it made me wonder if temperature has an impact on MPGs? OP I see you live in AZ...isn't it like a godzillian degrees there now? Just food for thought.
I am actually thinking the same thing these two days. we have >100F (36C?) recent so I always turn off the auto start/stop feature to make sure AC does not drain battery. I know flights does not like hot air since it degrades the lifts. Not sure how it would impact the efficiency of the turbo engine.

I am actually stop caring the mpg since I can't get any better with it. Now I turn the i-display to the efficient dynamic tab to have fun with when the batt get recharged.

Overall I am pretty happy with my X3 and hybrid was never on my list since my commute is 5miles (10 min) one way. the savings from hybrid would not be significant to offset my other needs. Moreover, US is the cheapest place for me to afford a BMW compared to Asia and EU where I stayed before. In this sense, the fun of driving outweighs all these mpg numbers.

again, thanks for all the inputs from everyone.
Appreciate 0