View Single Post
      01-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
Fatal Flash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2/i8/M3 GTS3/335is/KTM390 Cup

I mean I'm not surprised to see all the criticism since we're all on a BMW forum, but as a previous BMW owner, who now turned to the RRS, I'm pretty sure our 328xi wagon will be swapped with an Evoque in the coming months...

The design and creativity of the Evoque is absolutely beautiful. Moreover, if you purchase the luxury package interior [I know BMW has this too], the finish simply does not compare. The dependability factor of LR has long been extinct, with the newest models being extremely reliable.

Yes, absolutely, the X3 is roomier, and probably drives better [I do need to test drive both], but how do the two fair regarding (say both are optioned vehicles) with the suspension/offroad capabilities when you consider the liquid-magnetic suspension LR introduced with this car?

While pricing my RRS and an X5 at the same value, the interior of my vehicle is like a Bentley compared to the X5...I'm also a huge fan of the suspension capabilities and exterior styling which unfortunately made me sway away from my beloved brand, but that's LR's stronghold anyway.

I'm not shooting down the X3, but bringing up other factors. For my mother though, conversation between an X3 and an Evoque right now is currently a topic of debate...good to see this thread. It'll make me head back to the dealer to check out how the new X3 drives.

The old one was bleh...
Appreciate 0